Solo Australian developer Catchweight Studio and Team17 have announced a partnership to bring CONSCRIPT to PC in 2024. Jordan Mochi of Catchweight Studio has been working on the game for over half a decade as they post regular updates over at Twitter. Here’s a synopsis of the game from PR:
Set in 1916 during the Great War, CONSCRIPT blends the punishing mechanics of classic horror titles into a cohesive, tense, and original survival horror experience. In CONSCRIPT players explore the trenches of Verdun as a lone French soldier searching for his missing-in-action brother to ensure a home goes unbroken.
Plan. Explore. Survive. Players will dive into the madness of war, engage in brutal combat against enemy soldiers, manage limited supplies, and solve complex environmental puzzles.Honest PR
Mochi expresses excitement about the partnership with Team17 to bring out a game to the community and players in 2024. “Conscript emerged from my own love of history and my love of survival horror”, he mentions as he’s always wanted to create games and a story for people to enjoy.
Some of the features of the game include:
- Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.
- Highly re-playable with various difficulty settings, multiple endings, unlockable costumes, and bonus weapons.
- Fend off a variety of enemy soldiers and combatants with a variety of WW1 melee weapons and firearms.
- Survive in an intense, harrowing atmosphere boosted by a unique pixel art aesthetic and oppressive sound design.
- Navigate intricate level design that promotes item management and route planning, whilst solving complex environmental puzzles.
- Distinct WW1 themed areas that intertwine and overlap.
If you’re as excited as we are to play the game, you can check out the demo on Steam right now.
For more News click here
If you enjoyed this article or any more of our content, please consider our Patreon.