A sorely needed highlight in the PC Gaming Show, CRITICAL REFLEX has announced Altered Alma, a new action-platformer game in development for PC. Altered Alma combines the classic Metroidvania formula with a sprinkle of RPG and dating sim elements (because after Persona, they’re all doing it), a slick pixel-art presentation, and a gripping, non-linear story from, get this, award-winning writer Antony Johnston who worked on Resident Evil Village and Dead Space. Check out the high-octane trailer!
From the Press Release – “Embark on a journey through the neon-lit streets of Neo-Barcelona in this stunning cyberpunk adventure! As a young mercenary named Jack, you’ll carve your way through ruthless gangsters in fast-paced combat while working for some of the city’s most dangerous people yourself. Upgrade your hero with unique abilities, customize your ship, recruit and forge bonds with new crew members, and make difficult moral choices while trying to protect the ones you love.”
- A Space Opera Metroidvania: Discover new routes, acquire powerful upgrades, and adapt your playstyle as you take on the criminal kingpins of Neo-Barcelona.
- Your Ship, Captain & Crew: Customize and upgrade your base of operations while recruiting new crew members. The choices you make will directly influence Jack’s abilities and playstyle.
- Forge Relationships with Colorful Characters: Reconnect with Jack’s old friends and make new ones! Recruit them to your cause, build relationships, and even find love in an unforgiving world.
- Engage in Intense Combat: Master a rapid, stylish combat system while using powerful abilities of skill and mobility to overcome the relentless onslaught of enemies.
- Face a Pantheon of Adversaries: Encounter tons of unique foes, from gangs of giant lizards to armies of cyborgs… and don’t forget a variety of vicious bosses for Jack to defeat!
- Experience Barcelona, Reimagined: Explore Neo-Barcelona, a futuristic city inspired by the real thing, featuring bold visions of iconic landmarks like the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and more!
We can’t wait! Altered Alma is slashing onto Steam and you can wishlist it now. No word on a release window as yet.
Source: press release.