Trippy Alien Flight Sim ‘Exo One’ Gets Release Date
The gravity-defying sci-fi adventure Exo One has a release date.
Created by solo developer Jay Weston and published by Future Friends Games (Omno), Exo One is a “gravity-defying, interplanetary journey through space and time”. In the game you control a strange space craft as you move through enigmatic and desolate alien landscapes. Using gravity and momentum, you have to manoeuvre through the peaks and troughs of strange worlds while absorbing a narrative.
Exo One is launching on PC, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on November 18th.
“Exo One is a gravity-defying, interplanetary journey through space and time. Master a truly alien traversal system and move through enigmatic and desolate alien landscapes in ways you’ve never experienced. Use gravity and momentum to reach colossal speeds and exhilarating heights. Ride thermal updrafts into boiling cloud formations, careen down hillsides and launch off mountain tops, all the time drifting toward the shining blue beam on the horizon.”
- An array of unique, open worlds to explore, from traditional terrestrial planets to water worlds to gas giants
- Pilot an alien probe featuring multiple movement modes. Roll, glide and fly, with control over gravity itself.
- Use these movement modes to build momentum, slide down dunes and catapult off hill tops.
- Glide and surf through clouds, and catch thermals that lift you high into alien atmospheres.
- Drop beneath the waves of vast oceans under the glow of distant suns.
- Wind down and travel at your own pace. There are no challenges, wars or enemies.
- A minimalist yet mysterious narrative tells the story of man’s first, ill fated mission outside the solar system.
Our take: I managed to get some time with Exo One when it was in one of the recent Steam festivals. This isn’t a traditional experience but the demo left me desperately to play more. It’s a unique concept and while it might look quite serene in the trailers, traversal is much more involved than it appears. I personally can’t wait to get my hands on the finished product on November 18th.
Source: Press Release