If you’re a fan of classic games featuring amphibious action heroes, then there’s good news for you today. The much-anticipated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection is getting a release date, much to our excitement. Turtles games have had a few hits and misses over the years, but that all changed with Shredder’s Revenge. Now the fans are hankering for the nostalgia trip, with the Cowabunga Collection set to deliver it by the pizza box-load.
For a full read up of what’s in this amazing bundle, read my previous news post about it here. For those in a hurry, here’s what to expect:
- Thirteen classic TMNT games spanning the 8 and 16bit era of gaming, from the NES classics to the Mega Drive brawlers
- English and Japanese versions of several titles
- All three version of TMNT: Tournament Fighters
- An extensive library full of concept art and more
- Both digital and physical copies of the collection
- The ability to save and rewind in-game, making the NES game slightly easier (maybe)
- Local and online* multiplayer availability
- No sign of the awful Re-Shelled version of Turtles in Time
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection is finally coming to PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One and Series S|X, Nintendo Switch and PC on August 30th. The suggested retail price is currently £40, making each game around £2.50, which is an absolute steal.
*Titles with online functionality –TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
Check out the action below (via IGN):
Source: Press Release