Event Horizon’s next game, Dark Envoy, gets its first trailer and story details.
Polish game studio Event Horizon, developer of Tower of Time, has today unveiled the first trailer for their upcoming RPG Dark Envoy. This trailer details the sibling leads: Malakai and Kaela.
Dark Envoy is a non-linear sci-fantasy RPG in development for PC, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PS4, and Xbox One. Solo, or with a friend in two-player co-op, players will travel the world using a Skyship as their base of operations. Jäan (a world with 15 different biomes) shifts with the passage of in-game time, so the decisions of where to go will often be as impactful as what you do when you arrive, taking on quests or world events and tipping the balance throughout this blossoming conflict.
On the ground, Dark Envoy features real-time combat with the ability to slow time or pause as you make important tactical choices.
- Full Single/Co-op Campaign — Play Dark Envoy fully solo or with a friend
- Story Quests, Side-Quests, and Optional Shape-Shifting Dungeons — In addition to the bespoke main and side-quests, there are dungeons where the layouts and enemy patrol routes shift each time you enter
- Crew Your Airship With Companions — Recruit characters such as a Moon-Elf assassin, quirky engineer, ex-Imperial soldier, renowned Elven mercenary, and more
- Real-Time Combat — Tactics and your chosen companions are equally important in a combat system you can slow down and pause
- 4 Base Classes and 16 Specializations — Discover rare, hidden classes which can only be found in remote locations or through special quests
- Authentic RPG Systems — Experiment and adapt to your playstyle: Mix skill trees, boost individual abilities, and take advantage of an expansive crafting system featuring research and enchantment
- The World of Jäan — Rich, complex lore and narrative with mature writing that shapes the sci-fantasy world of Jäan, which features 15 different biomes that introduce a variety of gameplay mechanics
- Non-Linear RPG Narrative — Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions
- High-Production Values — Motion-captured animation, beautiful, scenic locations, and gorgeous combat effects all in 4k
Source: Press Release