A sequel to the excellent parallax shooter, Astro Aqua Kitty is taking the milk mining cats to space on April 8th.
We’re big fans of the shooter Aqua Kitty here at Finger Guns. In our review of the 2018 UDX version, we said “This is one game that I won’t paws to pick up again and it thoroughly deserves a cushion in front of the fire”. Y’know. Because cat puns. Now, the sequel ‘Astro Aqua Kitty’ is headed to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita (no really), Xbox One and PC starting with the Switch.
Astro Aqua Kitty is launching on the Nintendo Switch on April 8th, 2021. Rather than being locked on a horizontal loop like the original game, Astro Aqua Kitty takes the milk mine defenders into space with much broader shmup mechanics. Here’s a little more detail from the press release:
“The Aqua Kitty cats have launched into space in an all new action RPG shoot-em-up adventure! Choose your crew (from a range of creatures), then blast off to investigate huge mysterious water filled asteroids. Battle bizarre enemies, mine magnificent gems, grab new weapons, install enhancing devices, and unlock your crews’ unique skills as you level up XP. Just watch out for any marauding pirate rabbits, they are always trying to be first to the loot!”
- Set over 8 increasingly large levels, you begin by helping the exploratory mining cats and fighting robotic native wildlife.
- Difficulty modes to suit all abilities, from RELAXED (quite casual) to EXPERT.
- Pick from a choice of 4 different pilots and 4 engineers to build your two person crew. Each animal has unique stats and skills.
- Destroying enemies gives you XP, allowing you to level up over time. Each time you level up you can unlock and equip one of your crews unique skills, as well as being able to upgrade your ship.
- Weapons and devices can be installed in your ship to enhance it. Certain combinations of these can better suit different enemies and situations than others.
- Mining rocks for gems gives you extra spending power to shop for the upgrades you desire, but enemies also drop occasional goodies as well as orange supply crates if you can find them.
- Battle a vast array of enemies, from tiny scampering robotic crabs – to huge multiscreen turreted ships!
You can pre-order Astro Aqua Kitty on the Nintendo Switch now by clicking >>>HERE<<<.