Get yourself out of jail at the end of August.
Hold the press! Team 17 have today confirmed that The Escapists 2 will be launching on August 22nd on Xbox One, PS4 and PC with a Nintendo Switch version to be confirmed. It’s available to pre-order today from select retailers, where you can also get yourself an additional prison!
The Escapists 2 will include drop in/drop out play for up to four players, locally and online. The usual Escapists gameplay will be present and correct, working around prison schedules, doing favours for your fellow inmates to purchase supplies and avoiding unwanted attention from those pesky guards who are just doing their job eh?
Here’s the full feature list from the press blurb;
• A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
• 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
• Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players**
• Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
• A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
• Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
• New ways to escape
• New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
If you absolutely cannot wait until August 22nd, never fear! You’re able to design your inmate right now over at the ‘Create-a-Con’ website, which you can export to your favourite social media profiles. Check out the website here to get designing.
Source [Press Release]