Jamo Games have released a Christmas cracker of a game called Deck The Halls just in time for the festive season and it’s free to those that need a gift at this time of the year.
Jamo Games recently published the very relaxing and beautiful game The Botanist on Steam but this small studio hasn’t been sitting back by the fire and have just launched Deck The Halls on itch.io, a festive game about putting up Christmas decoractions… with a tinsel cannon.
The game features a number of houses which you must quickly decorate with your Christmas Cannon, shooting tinsel, baubles and other decorations to “deck the halls” before the time runs out. There are a few levels with no time limit too so you can let your creativity go wild and decorate how you like for as long as you like.
Here are the key features as described on the games page;
- Fire the Tinsel Cannon to decorate houses in 30 seconds.
- Shoot baubles at trees, blast presents all around, and try not to make a mess please…
- Take photographs in the free decoration mode, to use however you like!
- Decorate the empty houses on the street however you like! Santa won’t be visiting them, so he will never know.
- Get festive to an original soundtrack by Robert Paul Allen.
- A great stocking filler game, ideal for a gift, or to play as a break between the big releases!
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, Deck The Halls is for sale with a “Name Your Own Price” donation model. Developer Jamo Games said;
“Deck the Halls has a suggested donation of $4, which I think is a fair price. However, if you can’t afford that much, then please pay whatever you can (or nothing if you can’t pay at all). I know Christmas can be a tough time of year, so if you need it, consider this a gift!”
I’ve managed to play an hour of Deck The Halls and it’s a fun game that’s really helped me get into the festive spirit.
You can take a look at the games itch.io page by clicking here.